Friday, April 30, 2010

Will Gays Go to Heaven?

That was the title of an article I read today in the May 3rd issue of Jet magazine. It was written by Bishop George Bloomer. Bloomer is currently the pastor of Bethel Family Worship Center ( bethelfamily.org ) in Durham, N.C.  
In the article Bloomer expresses that he hates how people who consider themselves homosexual have left the church because they felt all they were receiving was judgment rather than any type of spiritual guidance.He states that, "If we believe anything about what the good book says about heaven, it's a happy place that NONE of us really deserves. No matter how you classify yourself, you had better depend on God's mercy instead of your inherent goodness." I thought that was super heavy. It makes perfect sense, but as we are all aware, common sense ain't common. The Bishop goes on to say, "Is homosexuality an unforgivable sin? No. The only unforgivable transgression is to smugly refuse to bow down before your Creator. That arrogance certainly isn't limited to any particular sexual orientation, nor to any particular kind of sin."

This article opened my eyes in a couple of ways. I wasn't aware that there was a such thing as an unforgivable sin. I also wasn't aware that there was a Bishop out there with the good sense in a grape to understand all of this. Sorry.  After reading the article I did a little research on Bishop George and came across this lovely little hate filled in the name of Jesus blog>>> exministries.wordpress.com Beybey, they where non too pleased with the good Bishop's stance  (or in their eyes, lack thereof) on the subject. But I'm not the least bit surprised by that. It did my little lesbian heart good to read this article. My mind is generally blown on a daily basis by the amount of hate and ignorance that I encounter all dressed up as religion. Thankfully, there are some who have not drank the group think kool-aid and will stand up for what should be plain, clear, and obvious to everyone.


We are all the same filthy rag before HIM.Get over yourselves...


Good Day
*STAR*

1 comment:

Hayzes Mic said...

Oh wow! I've been thinking on this issue quite a bit lately. The thing that I've come to is exactly as you've said... Even when we think we're right before God, our righteousness is as filthy rags! I love the stance that Bloomer takes on this. But I'll be damned if churches and preachers don't start venturing off from him because he's able to publicly admit that God is a God of love and wont kill you, damn you, nor send you to hell just because of who you love.

I came from a soul-damning church where everybody was going to hell for something they did or did not do. Now, I'm able to live more freely because I realize that God knows me and because He is MY God, as long as HIS mercy and HIS grace covers me, I'm good.

There are a lot of ignorant people out there. I wish there were many more who had the nuts or the guts to admit this one point: Bloomer is right!

*SISTAHSTAR*

My photo
I could rant and rave about me all day. I am one of my favorite subjects. Soon I'll be one of yours too.
Powered By Blogger

COPYWRITTEN, SO DONT COPY ME...