Sunday, August 30, 2009

Drugs are bad, ummkay...

My home girl used to date this chick that I absolutely can not stand. I mean I detest this person. My friends mean the most to me and ol' girl was wrong out the gate. I am not the type of friend that just rolls with you when you wrong because your my friend either. So the friends ex that I'm referring to was just truly the worst thing ever. Long story short (and because its not my story to tell), the ol' evil wench has reared her tired ass head again.

I said all of that to say this. It takes to two to tango, clearly. However, some people just take comfort in other people's misery. They can not stand to see anyone happy, but themselves and sometimes not even that. Misery loves company and common sense ain't common, but how many times does a person have to show you that 1.they ain't bout shit, 2. they don't mean you and yours any good, and 3. they are miserable and will do their damnedest to make sure somebody(oh hell, you'll do) is just as miserable as they are? How many times does a person have to say: "I don't give a fuck about me, so damn you, but I don't want to be alone in the meantime," before you REALLY cut that water off?

It took me a long time to realize that the worst situation I ever allowed myself to be involved in was just what it was: nothing. My friends watched with absolute horror as I accepted and endured (and eventually partook in) some of the dumbest sh*t ever. But I was comfortable. Once I wasn't comfortable anymore, I got on down. When I really saw it for myself, it was done. Once you've seen it though, and verbalized it and made moves that indicate that you have seen just how re-damn-diculous dealing with leeches really is, how does one justify to themselves sticking around or,worse, going back?

Poison is one of those things that doesn't weaken over time, it gets stronger. The human body does the same thing too, though. The longer you're off crack, the easier it is for you to walk past it and not be affected.

Resist the opportunity by any means necessary to cheapen yourself and blow your sobriety for a quick hit. Cuz that's how ya ass got hooked the first time.

I'm just saying.

*STAR*

No comments:

*SISTAHSTAR*

My photo
I could rant and rave about me all day. I am one of my favorite subjects. Soon I'll be one of yours too.
Powered By Blogger

COPYWRITTEN, SO DONT COPY ME...