Friday, July 10, 2009

My "gaydar" only works for men. Which used to suck big time when I first came out because I only dated feminine women. Now it sucks because if I'm dating a stud (which is most of the time if I can help it) I never know which chick is feeling my girl. Well, not immediately. Eventually something goes off in my head and the bottles start flying. But I digress. I know people (mostly guys by the way) that can find the family member in a dark black hole (no pun intended). I can't tell unless it is plain and obvious, like flaming. It's so very annoying.

I have often wondered ( and asked) can people tell about me. My straight friends (except for K, she's special) so no. My lesbian friends say no. All my male friends, straight and otherwise, say they had no clue until they were told. So what is about my super femme self that tells anyone that I am gay? Is it just a feeling? There's nothing masculine about me at first glance. Oh and I NEVER, EVER do that extended "look" thing that Gay folks do when they're interested. You know that "let me allow my eyes to lock on yours for just an extra second and smile slightly as I look away," thing. Ok, I have done it, but only once, and I was in Miami so that doesn't count. Anyhoo, I just wanted to put that out here. If anyone has any thoughts on the matter I'd love to hear them. Cuz even though I have no problems being out, I do have a problem being a walking billboard, even if it is just to a few people.



No comments:

*SISTAHSTAR*

My photo
I could rant and rave about me all day. I am one of my favorite subjects. Soon I'll be one of yours too.
Powered By Blogger

COPYWRITTEN, SO DONT COPY ME...