Friday, June 5, 2009

She got kids.


My last quick post made me think about something else. What about the kids with kids? I mean, if your relationship with your partner doesn't work out, what happens to the relationship that has been built with the child? Considering the fact that your partner DID build a relationship with your child (don't know how you could date someone and that not happen), and considering the fact that we are always looking for something lasting and real, what happens with the kids? As usual, i'm going to use myself as an example. My ex and I were together about three years. She was and is extremely close to my son. I appreciate her for doing all that she has done for him over the years, but i'm not going to act like our relationship hasn't caused problems as I tried to move on. The thing is that, because of how important she is to my son, I made the decision to put up with it, but only to an extent. She was with my son during the early years of his life and he loves her. As a parent, anything that I can give him to make his life less chaotic and difficult, i'm willing to do. I guess my question is: do you break up with the kids when you break up with the parent, and if so, did you ever really care about the child at all? Straight people generally don't drop the kids, so why do we (the fam)? Just wondering...

No comments:

*SISTAHSTAR*

My photo
I could rant and rave about me all day. I am one of my favorite subjects. Soon I'll be one of yours too.
Powered By Blogger

COPYWRITTEN, SO DONT COPY ME...