Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Traffic Sucks...



Relationships are an interesting thing. You're supposed to meet someone, fall in love, give them all of you and recieve all of them. Flaws and all. If you encounter a flaw that is a bit more than you can bare, you're supposed to address it, deal with it, understand that its going to come up every now and then, and work on it together. I mean, this is someone you love right. Of course you'd much rather be with the person and address the difficult stuff, than to a. continue doing the things that hurt them and watch the person your claim to love (and whom you know love you more than air) cry themselves to sleep at night or b. just lose the person you love all together...right?  Crack may be a helluva drug, but it has nothing on Pride. The only real difference is that while crack heads are an obvious lonley mess, prideful people look like they're good when they are alone on the inside and, nine times out of ten, alone at night or filling their love's space with a bed warmer. My homegirl, gave up everything for her love. This fool turned around and ignored her and left her out in the cold. After days of calls/texts/emails etc, my homegirl let go and let God. Now Miss Love is blowing up her phone, because she has realized that 1. pride doesn't keep you warm at night and 2.once a good girls gone bad, well, you know how that goes.



 I've been honestly in love twice in my life. It was beautiful and life changing both times. The first time I was really young and unprepared for what that meant. The 2nd time, I went all in, but I took the dive all alone. I have NEVER EATEN HUMBLE PIE IN MY LIFE. EVER. However, in that last relationship, I was open, honest, and ready. Being prepared to make mistakes made me better equipped to apologize when I made them. All this came from knowing what I wanted and thinking I knew what she wanted. But alas....



Love is a two way street. That street is full of speed bumps, road blocks, stops signs and potholes. There's no way to avoid them all. The tricky part is knowing what to do when you hit one of those road hazards. Know what you want before you travel that road is like having really good car insurance. That way, if you hit one of those super deep hood potholes, you have enough real love stored up to help each other get back to where you need to be and keep it moving. If its real, and if the other person means meant anything to you.

So the moral of the story is. Those who have that good love insurance, proceed those who don't...blog.

*Shooting Star*

3 comments:

PEACHES said...

I need some insurance.......BAD!!!

PEACHES said...

You need to switch to ALL-STATE homie! That California coverage is some BULLSHIT!

SISTAH STAR said...

@Peaches Ain't it though! That Cali coverage sucks. It promises big shit and delivers nothing. Trust, I'm in "Good Hands" now...my own!

*SISTAHSTAR*

My photo
I could rant and rave about me all day. I am one of my favorite subjects. Soon I'll be one of yours too.
Powered By Blogger

COPYWRITTEN, SO DONT COPY ME...