Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Stupidity has a favorite color.

Today, in reference to a good friend of mine, I was asked, "where that punk at?" I looked at that fool standing there with yellow (I think it was supposed to be blonde) and black micro braids and a booming pair of breast feeding tata's covered only by one of Rave's finest crochet halter top and thought: this is NOT happening right now.
When I told her I didn't know who she was talking about she says: "you know, the punk, the faggot, the sissy", as if what she said at first was perfectly normal, but maybe I just hadn't understood her clearly.
Now the way this bumbling idiot was speaking (plus the outfit and hair) told me a few things.
1. She didn't know what she said was wrong in the first place.
2. She thought the ish was funny.
3. She thought because we were both black women, I should be laughing with her.
She was wrong on all points.
I hate when people assume that just because they share a common denominator with you, be it big or small, then you are automatically on their team. I have curly hair. So do a lot of Jewish people. Does that mean we should agree on all things? Clearly not. The woman who said these things really deserved my pity more than my score. She was lost in a world that, thankfully, my family found their way out of decades before I was ever concieved. However, her determination to make me "understand" what she was saying pissed me off more than I can even express. I wonder how she would feel if my good [white]friend the "punk/sissy/faggot" that she was referring to describe her as the "ghetto/ nigger/jungle bunny?" I can just about imagine. I couldn't say what I really wanted to say to her in response for a couple of reasons so off course she walked away confused and I walked away pissed. I just don't get it. I do not have to agree with you because your pigment levels are similar to mine! I encounter this annoying phenomenon @ least once per week and, to be honest, after a while it starts to affect your spirit. Because these are " my people." Its sad and embarrassing. And it probably won't stop any time soon.
I repeat common sense aint common.
*Star*

No comments:

*SISTAHSTAR*

My photo
I could rant and rave about me all day. I am one of my favorite subjects. Soon I'll be one of yours too.
Powered By Blogger

COPYWRITTEN, SO DONT COPY ME...