Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You betta wurk, b*tch!!













Some Real Jaycettes and Some Not So Real Jaycettes
____________________________________________________________________
We have this phenomenon in the south called the J-cettes(sp?). As a matter of fact, I'm not totally sure that it's just a southern thing anymore. The J-cettes in "real" life are the majorettes from Jackson State University in Jackson,MS. They accompany one of the Baddest bands in the land: The Sonic BOOOOOOM of the South! THEY....GO...HARD...
Anyhoo,
Many of the queens have wanted to be a part of different groups like the Delta's and the Jaycettes their entire life. Because of that, a sort of counter-culture has emerged in the black gay world. There are several groups of boy "Jaycettes" and even pseudo sororities (which I do not condone, by the way). And huney,they do not play around. They have uniforms, and practices, routines, the works. So when pride time rolls around, they pull out all the stops. I managed to get some good picures of the "squads" this time. Enjoy.
Nik

No comments:

*SISTAHSTAR*

My photo
I could rant and rave about me all day. I am one of my favorite subjects. Soon I'll be one of yours too.
Powered By Blogger

COPYWRITTEN, SO DONT COPY ME...