Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yeah, I said it, and I'll say it again too. Will you?

One of the things that I have really been proud of accomplishing since I got out of my last disaster of a relationship is my newfound ability and desire to just listen. To be quite and burn what people say to me into my mind.That way I can form an educated response to what has been said to me and, more importantly, I can better understand where the speaker is coming from. Even if what they're saying is completely to the left of what I think or believe, if I listen intently, I at least have a chance of seeing their perspective. What I can not tolerate is when I'm dealing with people who say one thing then, when you repeat it to them for verification, they just move on to something else completely. That sh*t drives me crazy. I am a woman of my word. Now more than ever. If I said it once I will say it again, word for word. Right or wrong, I said it, i'll stand up for it. I keep meeting these people that either can not, or will not have the courage of their convictions. I mean, don't say sh*t you don't mean. It makes you look stupid. What's worse in my eyes is that it makes you look weak. Weak people tu tu turn me off! I think its becasue of the way Iwas raised. We weren't hella broke, but times got hard. Often. If our folks were always turning pussy every time sh*t got rough or constantly letting people pull their bitch card, maybe weakness wouldn't bother me as much. But it does. Oh well. So the moral of the story is this: when dealing with me please be real. If you're a weak person, come to me as such. Don't step to me like you all Boosie Bad Ass, only to have me find out MUCH later, you slick hollow when under pressure. This is not to say that i'm Lil Boosie myself, as I am clearly an emotional train wreck, but I will stand up for myself and what I believe. I WILL NEVER BACK DOWN IF I TRULY BELIEVE SOMETHING, I WILL NOT BITE MY TONGUE, AND IF I SAID IT ONCE YOU CAN BE SURE THAT I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, TO YOUR FACE.

I decided to write this because I am seeing an influx of Bitchassness in a specific area of the glbt community. That area being the "stud" demographic. Part of the reason this is so noticable is because of the unfortunate front that studs have put on for so long. For many of them, in the pursuit of what they believe is masculinity, the front of "hardness" and lack of emotion is so severe that it leaves the real personality lost and burning under the surface, just waiting on the chance to get out. To many studs it is though their false sense of masculinity is a kind of wall to hide behind. Touble is, walls fall down. Then what? whatever you're hiding is exposed for the world to see. Worse than that, that person that was trying to love them anyway, tyring to get past the shell may be gone. That's why it's always best to be real out the gate. There are no roles and no scripts. The sooner these studs stop believing the hype and see/show who they really are, the better off we will all be.

Sooo if you're a bitch, be that. If you're a big ol' softy, be that. Or whatever you are. JUST DO YOU. And be you from day one! NO Fronting, NO bull. Who has time to be making bitches over anymore? Who has time to be falling in love with one person then finding out that its not who they thought they fell in love with. Ugh! How about this:

S'il vous plaît les gens agissent votre âge, pas votre taille de chaussure!

Please and thank you.

I'm going to get off my soapbox ...for now.

Nik

2 comments:

you know who said...

Booo do I need to make a trip??? PS
eh hem ATTENTION: EXTRA EXTRA ..........I AM A BAD ASS MEAN VENOMOUS BLOODSUCKING VAMPIRIC SADISTIC BITCH!!!!! HOWEVER..........I am a "SUCKER" for my WOMAN!!!

Kattie said...

I know what you mean. Who has time for the great pretender! I am who I am and that's all that I am. Lol Anyways, in love it is sometimes hard to be you. You know the fear factor of "if she knew me will she stay???" As for me, I put it out there. I'm a softy, a bull dog for the one I love, a bitch when bullsh@#T comes my way, and a teddy bear for my special someone that makes me swoon when I'm around her.

We all want a certain amount of mystery that will keep the fires burning but when the mask comes off, does the image that you're portraying match who you really are?

*SISTAHSTAR*

My photo
I could rant and rave about me all day. I am one of my favorite subjects. Soon I'll be one of yours too.
Powered By Blogger

COPYWRITTEN, SO DONT COPY ME...