Sunday, October 25, 2009

There's a billion of us...right?

I get a lot of ideas from the most random places. But I think that's a good thing because it helps me " think outside the box." Lately I have been searching the net (again) for other LGBT blogs by people of color that are actually ABOUT LGBT people of color. When I first decided what I wanted my site to be, I did sort of a generic search on the topic and didn't find too much worth mentioning. I thought this was pretty odd since  there are billions of  blogs out there. There's a blog for every subject imaginable, by every type of writer and with supporters from every walk of life. Even with that, finding other blogs of substance black black lesbians has been more difficult than finding an unhappy man in dark room with Karrin "Superhead" Stephens. 




Eventually I came across a really good one : abrowngirl.com. (check her out) is the best, really the only one worth mentioning that I have found so far. There's a good number of celebrity blogs like blackgaygossip.com, and politicos like keithboykin.com , but those were not really the categories I was searching for. Why is that though? We are EVERYWHERE. We are writers, artists of every kind, and live very diverse and interesting lives. Why are we so under represented in the blogging community? Its not like the typical Hollywood story of "well THEY don't want but a few of us on the television/small screen". Blogger, Wordpress, and a host of other blog sites are scott free. No one else has any control over who gets to have a Blogspot. Even a HUGELY successful one is at the mercy of the owner. So where are we hiding and why? 


As usual, I was just curious...


*Star*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting you said that, I suggested to two lesbian young ladies about blogging their lives i.e. experiences. The answer was they didn't have time. So I left that one alone.

*SISTAHSTAR*

My photo
I could rant and rave about me all day. I am one of my favorite subjects. Soon I'll be one of yours too.
Powered By Blogger

COPYWRITTEN, SO DONT COPY ME...