Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I shoulda known.

I sent out a text to about 10 or so "family" friends, male and female, asking them to list the top 5 qualities they look for when they first meet a woman. Now my friends are a mixed up bunch, I know, cuz birds of a feather and all that jazz, however, they are also a group of extremely intelligent and driven women. They are studs, femmes and everything in between. I expected to get some interesting answers and post them on my blog. Interestingly, I got almost the exact same answers from just about everyone I asked. I'm realizing that all of this stuff is becoming like some twisted social experiment whereby I get to see how crazy my friends are and, thus, make myself feel better in the process. Anyhoo. On pretty much everyones list was eyes, style, conversation, and or confidence. Basically, we all pretty much want the same thing. Great! That was my suspicion and my real purpose for asking my friends that question in the first place. Then I asked the same question of my straight friends and, you guessed it, same answers across the board. The point of it all is that we are all looking for pretty much the same things. We may look for it in different packages, but the basic are all the same. We are all more alike than different and, I think, if we just took and extra moment to focus on those similarities as much as we focus on the differences, we' all be better off. (singing)Heal the world...

NIK

*SIDENOTE*
There was ONE person who's answers were just totally different than EVERYBODY else's. My dear sweet ex girlfriend. Lawd, bless her heart. Ok, here come my disclaimer...again. NO ONE IS ABOVE BEING BLOGGED ABOUT. PERIOD. So, her responses were looks, skin color, hair, and ass. Ok first of all, I asked for 5, not four, but I'm gonna let that slide, but ass, skin color, and (inhale) hair! Wutdafukk? (Exhale) So if she see a female from behind that just got her sew in redone and has a fat azz, then she's cool. Hell, this is Memphis, she should have a whole team of dogs like that! Please don't think that I'm bashing my ex. We're friends and have a pretty good relationship. We fight about the kid and that's were it stops. So when her text came through, after all of the ohers had ben so insightful and thoughtful, I just sat there giving my phone the *blank stare*, followed by *blink blink*. Then I burst out laughing. I'm still laughing as I sit here typing. Oh the kids...wut iz we gone do?


Nik

No comments:

*SISTAHSTAR*

My photo
I could rant and rave about me all day. I am one of my favorite subjects. Soon I'll be one of yours too.
Powered By Blogger

COPYWRITTEN, SO DONT COPY ME...