Monday, June 15, 2009

My thoughts on the matter

I don't know what I just did that is making my computer not post pics on my blog, but I'll deal with that later.

Now on to the biz at hand...

I am a Christian. Yes, I am. I am not a Christian because I was raised to be such (though I was raised in church), or because I was forced into believing. I am a Christian because, on my own, outside of anyone or anything else, I believe. The tenents of Christianity are in my heart and spirit. What I am NOT , is religious. Religion is a disaster and a mess. It has been the foundation of almost every major conflict this world has ever known. It is more devisive and far more dangerous than money. Spirituality teaches love for self, for one another, and for the singular God that put us all here. Religion teaches that there are seperate gods, seperate rules for seperate groups of people. All of this crap based on gender and class and skin color and other bull. The bible says: "Love Thy Neighbor". The end. That's it. Off all the things people choose to harp on, that just isn't one of them. In religion, it's ok to discrminate and persecute and hate all you want as long as majority plays along. Doesn't matter if families are destroyed, children are hurt, people die, whatever. Just so long as the money keeps flowing and people don't have to evaluate anything uique or face the fears that they have of things they may not understand. Well, I just can't with you right now (courtesy of youknowyoudeadazzwrong.com).

I believe in an all powerful God. The one and only. He made me, you, my momma, and the damn spiders that scare the sh*t out of me. All of it. He made us all different and unique, just how he wanted us to be. I had absolutely nothing to do with the making of myself or anyone else. I can not claim to be in control of anyone's personality or traits, including my own, because that is something you're born with. It's no different than the curl of my hair.

My point is this: I make no excuses for my sexuality. I make no excuses for my personality, I make no excuses for the beautiful brown shade of my skin. Why should I. These are all things that came with the packaging that is me. People will forever be divided for one reason or another, but religion, of all things should be the last thing doing the dividing. I know a God who can do any and all things that he chooses. Surely any demon can be cast out by Him. I do not believe that homoseuality is a demon, anymore than I believe heterosexuality is a demon.

Thats just my belief, based on a series of facts that can be easily shown to anyone who wants to listen. All you have to do is open y0ur eyes...and listen.

No comments:

*SISTAHSTAR*

My photo
I could rant and rave about me all day. I am one of my favorite subjects. Soon I'll be one of yours too.
Powered By Blogger

COPYWRITTEN, SO DONT COPY ME...